Monday 26 October 2015

The In-between time

The In-between Time & Creativity

The time between Fall & Winter: the end of another cycle. The light is dimming, leaves have fallen, and the world seems quieter. The smell of decay and wood smoke, air prickles the skin and waters run cold.
I put the gardens to rest. Tuck them in with love.
I walk amongst the sleeping trees and whisper ‘good night’, knowing that they will rest long and deep and will re-emerge before the Winter is fully over.
I take note of nature slowing down and preparing for hibernation.
I rest a little longer, expend a little less, allow more dreamtime and give myself much needed alone time.
I protect my seeds of creation and feed ideas I will eventually manifest.
I jot down ideas every day, anything that inspires: a word, a sentence, a dream, a sketch.
I let it all sit.
When the days start getting longer and the light shines a little brighter I spend the time merging the ideas together. I plan my new art projects and creations to come for the new year ahead.
The Winter Solstice and the days when the light comes back are not far off. I will enjoy the downtime, dreamtime and inspiration until then.
Happy Creating!






No comments:

Post a Comment