Thursday, 29 January 2015
Artworks by Jyne: How to get your Creative Mojo Back!: Tips on how to get your creative mojo back After months of darkness, cold days, frigid nights, no sun and an incredible desire ...
Tips on how to get your creative mojo back
After months of darkness, cold days, frigid nights, no sun and an incredible desire to do nothing it’s time to start stirring again. Here are a few tips to get started
· *Take 5-10mins to meditate daily: to empty the mind of the worries of the past and the anxieties of the future. Of words said & unsaid, of scenarios you can’t change, the “what ifs”, the fears of loss and lack. This will give you the space for new ideas, new insights, dreams and inspirations.
· * Heighten your senses: Instead of running through life..SLOW down. Take it all in. In a single moment or event notice shapes, textures, scents, temperature, colours and sounds . Life becomes way more exciting and stimulating when you tune in.
· * Get out of your creative comfort zone: try something new! If you paint with acrylics paint with watercolours. If you paint, try sculpture. Paint blindfolded with abandon. Don’t play it safe! Expanding your boundaries opens all kinds of possibilities.
· * Take time for solitude; take a wander in nature, in silence if possible. Breathe and observe. A simple 20min walk can do wonders to lift the spirit, re-energize and re-inspire. Do it often.
· * Be gentle on yourself. If your creative juices aren’t over-flowing, your passion is a mere spark or non-existent…don’t worry it will come back !