Thursday 5 June 2014

My Life as an Artist

My Life as an Artist

When I was a child I wandered in the woods and adored the outdoors. I would write poems and paint pictures and I was in love with the world. The woods were my refuge, my secret and my home.
 Somewhere along the way the world changed. I changed. Art was still with me, but it came from a different place, a darker place, a more soulful place. I turned away from my connection with nature and connected with concrete.
 In my darkest moments of loneliness and Existential angst, I would paint from pain. I would paint people, places & times out of my life. When the piece was done so was the emotion. It was very cathartic…and it served me well.
 Life changes even more & I find myself in the “in between” space. Back where I belong…in the woods, with nature, in a much brighter space but a much different space then where I began. With an even greater appreciation and need to express as an artist..to express the beauty & sacredness of the natural world. To give a voice to the trees, the rocks, the animals, ultimately giving a voice to those that have none.
 The happiness in creating for me is to show the beauty of the world in both the light and the dark.
Everyone has a gift they are meant to bring to the world and I found it. I knew it as a child, lost it in chaos and found it again. I painted myself back into existence. Well worth the journey.

jyne

No comments:

Post a Comment